Ingredients5 bananas, super ripe
1 3/4 cups (220 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 fresh banana
- Preheat oven to 350°C. Prepare 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans with non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- What is the condition of your bananas?
- Room Temperature Bananas: Put 5 bananas in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Punch several venting holes. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove the bananas and strain to separate the liquid.
- Frozen Bananas: Let 5 bananas defrost in the refrigerator. Strain the bananas from the liquid.
- Simmer the banana liquid over medium-high heat until reduced to about 1/4 C. About 5 minutes. Mash together the bananas and syrup.
- While waiting for the banana syrup, in a larger mixing bowl, whisk eggs then slowly whisk in melted butter. Mix in the vanilla & brown sugar being careful to remove brown sugar lumps. Mix in bananas and syrup.
- In small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and soda.
- Pour wet ingredients on top of dry ingredients. Fold together being careful not to over mix. Pour into prepared loaf pan(s).
- Optional topping ideas. Do either or combination.
- Slice a banana on the bias. Lay each half of it on the edges of the dough, keep the center free & uncovered.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the loaf. When it finishes baking, it creates a nice crust.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Use toothpick to test for being done. Cool 15 minutes then remove from the pan. Cool completely before slicing.